When Austria held a press conference at noon on Tuesday at the match venue Ernst Happelstadion in Vienna the main topic of conversation was given: Zlatan Ibrahimovic.The Basel center-defender Aleksander Dragovic, probably forming central defense along with Werder Bremen’s Sebastian Prödl, is an admirer of the Swedish striker.
– I like Zlatan. He is a cool guy and the world’s best striker, says Dragovic.
Why is he better than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo?
– Look at what he has meant to all the teams he played for. All the teams he made to champions. – I have great respect for Zlatan Ibrahimovic as a player, I know it will be tough to stop him – but I’m not afraid. It should be fun and a great challenge to meet him, says Aleksander Dragovic.
zlatan career information
Scorer in the Austrian league, Philipp Hosiner, who scored 32 goals in the league believe that if they manage to stop Zlatan a very big part of the game is won:
– Ibrahimovic accounts for 80 percent of the Swedish national team. If we can control him Sweden is a lesser team. There are several other good players in Sweden, but none that are near his caliber, says Austria Vienna striker and elaborates:
– We need to play smart against him. You can not stop him for a full 90 minutes, instead it comes to doing it at the right times, in the right place on the field. Playing tough against him, but do not incur unnecessary free kicks close to the goal. For then Zlatan can score goals with his free kicks, says Hosiner.
More harsh in his comments about the super Swede was Austria’s coach Marcel Koller.
– Zlatan is an outstanding player, but of course, Sweden is not only Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Do you think Ibrahimovic is in good shape? asked an Austrian reporter.
– Yes, I assume. I do not think he completely lost it in two weeks, said Koller.
The latest rumors today is that PSG wants Cristiano Ronaldo and are ready to offer him a guge salary if he decides to join PSG. Cristiano Ronaldo is making headlines in both Madrid and France today. According to the French newspaper l’Equipe PSG is still in the hunt for Cristiano Ronaldo’s signature. According to the newspaper the French champions Paris Saint-Germain has now offered Ronaldo a lucrative contract to lure him to Paris.
The contract shall according to l’Equipe give him an annual salary of huge 15 million Euro net. PSG are also ready to pay Real Madrid 86 million Euro and Real Madrid are said to be ready to negotiate a deal. Such a salary would give Cristiano Ronaldo almost exactly twice as much in earnings as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who according to Le Parisien is earning 7.7 million Euro a year in PSG.
The news are also currently circulating in Spain, where the Madrid-based newspaper AS has Cristiano Ronaldo on the front page. Even here the confirmed transfer sum is said to be 86 million Euro and according to AS PSG are ready to let their manager Carlo Ancelotti go to Real Madrid if they in turn agrees to let Cristiano Ronaldo go.
This year, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 34 league goals in as many matches and the Champions League, he has managed to score a total of 12 goals. Closest to this amount of goals is Borussia Dortmunds Robert Lewandowski who has scored 10 goals so far.
In the last few weeks there have been a lot of rumors on possible signings for PSG this summer. Here is a summary of who might join Zlatan Ibrahimovic in Paris Saint-Germain this summer.
Edinson Cavani, Napoli
Mentioned recently in media to be ready for PSG next season, something sporting director Leonardo denies. In Italian newspapers people are talking about a change between the clubs where Cavani goes in one direction and Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the other, but a change directly between the clubs is something that might be hard to do.
Radamel Falcao, Atletico Madrid
Mentioned as a possible replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the summer, but Falcao is able to pick and choose between the big European clubs and any direct contact with PSG has not been established yet. If Falcao would choose PSG over other European clubs it would be a big surprise.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid
Signing Cristiano Ronaldo would be a dream for the Paris Saint-Germain, which came to life after Ronaldo himself last winter, did not rule out that he would play in PSG next season. But that Ronaldo would like to replace the mighty Bernabeu stadium in Madrid against unglamorous away games against Rennes does not seem very likely. A signing of Cristiano Ronaldo would however put the French league in a totally different position and it would attract a lot of new fans. Signing Cristiano Ronaldo would also open up for a lot of other possible signings for PSG.
Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid
Will most likely not remain in the Madrid after the summer and is the most likely candidate if PSG would be looking for an replacement for Carlo Ancelotti. But the question is whether or not the French Ligue 1 is too anonymous for Jose Mourinho. Mourinho likes to stay in the spotlight and recent years only been training top clubs in Europe’s most prestigious leagues. The Qatari leadership has also made a point that they want peace and working atmosphere around their coach, something that was never likely to be the case in the club where Mourinho settles down. Signing Jose Mourinho would also be a big opener for additional possible signings for PSG.
Arsène Wenger, Arsenal
Has a contract with Arsenal that extends for another year, but Wenger was during the spring mentioned as a possible replacement for Ancelotti. The fact that Wenger would be heading back to France after nearly twenty years in England may seem logical, but many people believe that Wenger is not a big enough name to succeed in attracting future big players to PSG.
The possible transfer targets for PSG are mainly high profile names and the rumors will continue to come in during the next few months. PSG has the money and the ambition to do something really big and that might attract some really big names like Cristiano Ronaldo and Jose Mourinho. Another name that have also been mentioned is Wayne Rooney but right now we do not see that transfer as very likely. We will follow up with the latest transfer rumors as they unfold and give you all the possible signings for PSG this summer as they pop up.
Juventus reportedly are targeting Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the main objectives during this summer’s transfer window, but Paris SG would be happy to keep the Swede. And now PSG’s sporting director Leonardo also goes out in an interview in an attempt to end the speculation.
– I think Ibra is happy here – and it’s really important for us. Juventus shows they have a good project going on in the construction of the new stadium, but they lost to Bayern, he says in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.
But when it comes to PSG is not only around Zlatan Ibrahimovic that there are transfer rumors.
Recently, Wayne Rooney was said to be ready for the club – and players like Ronaldo and Cavani has been linked.
This Leonardo now denies – but he opens up for other big players.
– There is no offer when it comes to Ronaldo. And when it comes to Rooney and Cavani, I have not heard anything. I do not want to exclude large purchases, but there must be an opportunity for that. I would like to see a major French players in PSG, as Nasri, Ribery or Cabaye. But I have no contact with them, he says.