Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 31, has come back to Paris after the summer holidays. He does it with a lot of question marks hanging over him- and with a scheduled meeting with President Nasser al-Khelaïfi.
Coach Carlo Ancelotti left for Real Madrid and sporting director Leonardo resigned. When Zlatan Ibrahimovic today arrived in Paris everyone is asking the question: what does Zlatan Ibrahimovic thinks of the many changes in the club?
zlatan ibrahimovic return to paris
According to French newspaper L’Equipe PSG’s president Nasser al-Khelaïfi, the man behind the super solicitation of Napoli’s Edison Cavani, 26, has traveled to Paris to meet with Laurent Blanc and the players before the team travels to Sweden friendlies. According to l’Equipe al-Khelaïfi wants to insure star players, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, that PSG still has ambitious goals – despite Carlo Ancelotti left the club.
– Ibra will stay, that’s for sure. He’ll play with Cavani, that’s why we bought him. But the details about the team his coach is taking care of, said PSG’s owner Al Khelaifi at Tuesday’s press conference.
Ancelotti wants to rejoin with Zlatan Ibrahimovic in Real Madrid.
The information about a move has gained new momentum last week, where especially Real Madrid – with old coach Carlo Ancelotti declared that he wants Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Spain – chasing the Swedish striker.
During the morning Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrived to Clairefontaine, the French football association reputable talent academy outside Paris. The Academy is located in a quaint suburb a few miles south of the town and the many greens surrounded by lush trees and pleasant environment. Paris Saint-Germain are there for a couple days of training camp for the match against Hammarby in Stockholm on Tuesday on the Tele2 Arena.
Laurent Blanc, 47, has been presented as coach of Paris Saint-Germain. He began his time at the club by paying tribute to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 31.
– Zlatan is important for PSG. He has shown that he is a fantastic player and a pro, he says.
There has been a lot of rumors revolving around Paris Saint-Germain in the summer. Earlier this week it was announced that Laurent Blanc is Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s new boss.
– I’m very proud to be here. We are facing a very exciting challenge, says Blanc and continues:
– We have high ambitions so I expect a lot from all the players. Although we won the league and reached the quarterfinals in the Champions League last year, the goal is to do better this year, he says.
When asked if there will be any additional players joining Paris Saint-Germain this year Blanc answered:
– I understand that you do not have patience but it is too early to talk about transfers. But the season is long enough and it will happen things like players leaving and arriving.
As a player, the former defender has a long list of qualifications, including the World Cup and European Championship gold medals and games in clubs like Barcelona, Inter Milan and Manchester United.
– Laurent was a fantastic player and has represented some of the biggest clubs in the world. I am confident that he will succeed here, says PSG’s president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, who also promised:
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva will stay at the club until their contract expires.
It seems that the latest possible problems between Mino Railo and Jean-Pierre Bernes has not really affected the relationship between Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Laurent Blanc.
As a coach Blanc had a success during three seasons in Bordeux (2007-2010), which gave him the job as French coach (2010-2012). Laurent Blanc takes over PSG on 1 July and his contract extends over two years.