Paris Saint-Germain confirmed on Sunday that Carlo Ancelotti wants to leave the club – to become Real Madrid’s new coach after Jose Mourinho. On Sunday evening Ancelotti commented for the first time the transfer rumors – on the stage during the French football gala.
– Real Madrid is a possibility but there are also other possibilities. My desire is to leave the club, he says, according to French Eurosport, when he won the award for best coach together with Christophe Galtier from Saint-Etienne.
When asked what the reason he wants to leave, Ancelotti answered.
– It is not the time to talk about it and maybe I’ll never explain why I want to leave.
It was after a meeting with sporting director Leonardo and president Nasser Al-Khelaifi as Carlo Ancelotti declared his will on Sunday afternoon. But both the club and the team’s top scorer and star, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, wants him to reconsider.
– I want him to stay, says Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he won the award as player of the year in Ligue 1.
– Our priority is that he’ll stay, said Leonardo to l’Equipe earlier on Sunday.
Carlo Ancelotti respects the players opinion, but hope to leave.
– I need to take a decision, my desire is to leave the club.
Ancelotti’s contract with Paris Saint-Germain extends over next season.