Laurent Blanc celebrated the biggest star in Paris SG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic. But beneath the surface there is a conflict that can genuinely disturbe the relationship between the new coach and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Blanc’s agent, Jean-Pierre Bernes, has sued Mino Raiola for 7.8 million Euro. When Laurent Blanc yesterday afternoon officially was unveiled as Paris SG’s new coach at a press conference in Paris, he was quick to pay tribute to the team’s Swedish superstar.
– Ibrahimovic has revealed that he is professional in every way. I want him to show the way with his attitude, taking with him the others at a high level – our goal will be high, said Blanc.
Many wonder how Blanc, fired as French coach after Euro 2012, which was far from PSG’s first choice to handle a star like Zlatan. There is also a view that not as many are aware of and are likely to obscure the relationship between Blanc and Ibrahimovic.
Zlatan’s agent and close friend, Mino Raiola, for a time tried to find a new club for PSG player Blaise Matuidi and the midfielder is now be close to a move to Manchester City. Matuidi is not Raiolas players but under contract with the controversial French star agent Jean-Pierre Bernes. Bernes’s is close friend and agent of Laurent Blanc.
Matuidi has through a letter trying to get out of the contract with Bernes. The French agent recently responded by suing Raiola and Matuidi in French court through his lawyer Carlo Brusa:
– We oppose the legality of the termination of the agreement. The letter is rubbish. He (Raiola) has violated all the rules by offering the player to the big clubs in Europe, including England, to get him to leave PSG, said Brusa to Le Parisien.
Raiola has commented on Radio Monte Carlo:
– Matuidi has a contract with an agent in France. That’s all I need to know.
– It is a shame that Ancelotti leaves but that’s what happens. Zlatan stays in PSG. Laurent Blanc is a big name that will be respected.
Blanc explained yesterday what he expects of PSG players and also signaled how he wants to show his authority:
– In the locker room it is French that apply.
Remains to be seen how Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who does not speak French, will obey it.