Zlatan Ibrahimovic is on Sports Illustrated Money List. Roger Federer has been number one for four straight years. But now, the Swiss tennis legend lost the crown to David Beckham. Sports Illustrated has for the tenth consecutive year listed the 50 athletes who make the most in the United States, and the top 20 sports stars who make the most outside the USA.
For four straight years, Roger Federer has topped the list, but now David Beckham is the number one. Beckham makes around 45 million dollars a year, where the majority come from advertising and sponsorship. Beckham gave up a salary from Paris Saint-Germain this year and still tops the list.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is listed as number 18, he makes around 17 million dollar. The U.S. list topped by boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., he draws in 85 million dollar last year, the most in the world.
The 20 highest-paid outside the U.S. (list in Euro)
1. David Beckham, football, 32 millions.
2. Roger Federer, tennis, 29 millions.
3. Fernando Alonso, Formula 1, 28 millions.
4. Cristiano Ronaldo, soccer, 24 millions.
5 Lionel Messi, soccer, 24 millions.
6. Manny Pacquiao, boxing, 23 millions.
7. Rory McIlroy, golf, 22 millions.
8. Samuel Eto’o, football, 20 millions.
9. Maria Sharapova, tennis, 17 millions.
10. Rafael Nadal, tennis, 16 millions.
11. Lewis Hamilton, Formula 1, 16 millions.
12. Sergio Aguero, soccer, 15 millions.
13. Wayne Rooney, football, 14 millions.
14. Novak Djokovic, tennis, 14 millions.
15. Michael Schumacher, Formula 1, 13 million.
16. Yaya Toure, soccer, 12 millions.
17. Li Na, tennis, 12 millions.
18. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, football, 11 millions.
19. Kaká, soccer, 11 millions.
20. Didier Drogba, football, 10 millions.