Carlo Ancelotti wants to leave Paris Saint-Germain. But now it seems like PSG wants to stop the move.
– You have to respect your contract says president Nasser al-Khelaifi to Beln Sport.
Yesterday we wrote that the Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has submitted a transfer request to the club.
– We had a meeting this afternoon and I have asked to leave the club. But we have to wait for the response from the club. They need a few days to make a decision, said Carlo Ancelotti on Sunday.
Now the PSG president stated that the club already decided. Ancelotti will not leave Paris.
– He said he wants to leave us for Real Madrid. I said it was not possible because he has a year left on the contract. It is our decision, says president Nasser al-Khelaifi to Beln Sport.
– That is his problem, not ours. We have even offered him a contract extension. When you are under a contract, you must respect it.
In an interview with Al Jazeera the president says that he believes the 53-year-old already agreed with Real.
– I think he has already signed a pre-contract with Real Madrid. But I expect that Madrid have not written a complete agreement with him, they would end up in legal trouble if they did, said al-Khelaifi.
Also in news today it has been confirmed that Jose Mourinho will leave Real Madrid. The likely club for Mourinho to go to would be Chelsea but there still is some hope among PSG fans that Jose Mourinho would end up in PSG instead in a direct trade of coaches between Real Madrid and PSG.
There have also been rumors that Fabio Capello will take over the coaching role in PSG if Carlo Ancelotti were to leave.