This weekend David Beckham became champion with Paris Saint-Germain. It has been speculated that he will remain in the French club, but with two league games left of the season, 38-year-old announced that football career is over.
– I am grateful that PSG enables me to continue, but I feel that now is the right time to finish my career, says Beckham.
The magazine Café recently did an interview with David Beckham where he talked about his relationship with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
– I have always respected Zlatan as a player. Now I know him and he is a great person, a good friend. Above all, he is a winner. To become a top player, one of the best strikers in the world, you have to work hard. If Zlatan does not win the small games at practicehe gets a little angry and it says something about him. With his talent and passion, it is an honor to play at his side, says Beckham to the magazine.
– We have eaten a few dinners together. In a team, it happens of course you go out and eat together.
It seems like even though David Beckham and Zlatan Ibrahimovic had the famous Bieber incident they still remain friends.
During his time at LA Galaxy Beckham was playing with Christian “Chippen” Wilhelmsson, who has a lower back tattoo that is similar to David Beckhams.
– It is very similar, not exactly the same, but similar. He concealed the fact that he had it for me during the first few weeks, but I managed to get a glimpse of it in the end. He is an amazing person. Just like Zlatan, he is a very down to earth and friendly guy, who had a large part of our success last season. It would be great to see him again sometime.
Beckham says he has no plans to begin a coaching career.
– Manager? I’ve never been interested in it. In that case, I like more to coach children. But you never know, says David Beckham.
With the money David Beckham has earned during his career we are sure he would be fine with just quiting football. Just yesterday it was announced in Sports Illustrated that David Beckham makes the most of all athletes outside USA.